Machine Operator Vacancy
The overall role of a Site Machine Operator is to safely and within the bounds of their training operate the moveable plant on one of the permanent sites of REMONDIS JBT. We are recruiting for a Site Machine Operator at Westline Industrial Estate in Birtley and Barrington Industrial Estate in Bedlington.
• Carry out daily walk round checks of the plant you are to be operating that day paying particular attention to oil levels and greasing as well as any safety related items such as warning lights etc. Informing your line manager and the plant services manager about any defects that need rectifying.
• Use the plant on site to load vehicles ensuring they are loaded with the correct material and to the correct weight.
• Use the plant on site to assist in sorting and separating waste streams.
• Loading and operation of other plant and equipment for example a crusher, screen or shredder.
• Undertake all reasonable instruction given to you by your direct line manager and/or other site and senior company management.
• Follow all Company policies and procedure and abide by all applicable legislation whilst carrying out your duties.
Qualifications/ Required Attributes
• Experience of operating and machine tickets for a tracked 360 grab and/or a wheeled loading shovel would be advantageous but not necessary as training will be provided to the right candidate.
• People with agricultural experience will also be considered as training will be provided for the right candidates.
• Be able to demonstrate:
• An ability to follow direction
• An ability to problem solve
• An awareness of mechanical operations
• Good timekeeping and reliability
Salary Negotiable (basic rate 40 hours time and half after) 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
Salary and working hours
• Current site opening hours are 7.30 am to 7 pm Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings until 12pm. Average hours are 47.5-55 per week. Additional overtime may be available from time to time when special tasks/orders need to be completed.
• Full-time, Permanent