Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk (temporary, anticipated to be until Christmas)
Remondis are a sector leading North-East England based waste management company. We possess unique regional and international expertise in waste recycling/recovery. We provide an extensive range of skips, bins and vehicles to meet most requirements. We guarantee exceptional service levels and strive to help our customer do the right thing with their waste disposal.
We currently operate two strategically positioned MRFs (materials recovery facilities) which enables the efficient collection, receipt and processing of waste, with a third imminently due to go on line.
At Remondis we value our people and embrace the importance of the role our people play in achieving our objectives, which is why we ensure that our employees are motivated, supported and appropriately rewarded. Our employees are empowered and passionate in the delivery of outstanding and professional customer service and we strive to ensure that we provide a great working environment with real opportunity for career advancement.
At an exciting phase of growth and development, we are currently looking to appoint an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk.
This role will be responsible for processing purchase invoices in a timely and accurate manner and preparing batches ready for payment according to set time lines.
An experienced purchase ledger clerk, reporting to the Accounts Manager, you will be required to perform all purchase ledger related tasks required by the manager and outlined below.
Your daily duties will include:
- Dealing with all purchase invoices and entering them onto the accounts system with correct codes
- Liaising with other departments and suppliers to rectify purchase queries
- Matching invoices to orders and delivery notes
- General photocopying and filing of accounts paperwork
- Maintaining the creditor’s ledger.
- Any ad-hoc admin duties that may arise
The successful candidate will:
- have experience in Sage Line 50
- have Sage 200 experience beneficial but not essential
- have relevant purchase ledger experience
- be computer literate demonstrating comfortable with using Microsoft Office (Excel primarily)
- A flexible approach and willingness to help where required.
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a good telephone manner
- Able to demonstrate good organisational skills
- A methodical and accurate person who naturally enjoys attention to detail.
Preferably Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) grade C (equivalent) or above.
Hours of work
You will normally be required to work Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm.
22 days plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).